SQE Manager - Sydney
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
Currently we are looking to secure the services of an experienced SQE Manager to join our growing NSW based construction team.
This role operates at a state level to assist the business deliver projects that meet client requirements, safely and without impacting the environment.
As the SQE Manager for New South Wales your role will involve ensuring all projects within the region consistently meet and adhere to our national safety expectations and frameworks as well external legislative requirements
Key activities include:
- Educating employees / project team in expected requirements and expectations
- Supporting employees in achieving requirements
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Continually improve processes and systems in line with broader business improvement activities
- Oversee the implementation of Hindmarsh SQE Management System
- Carry out workplace hazard identification, risk assessment and incident prevention activities
- Communicate SQE matters with employees, subcontractors and management
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ field experience in a construction safety manager/supervisor role
- Previous experience conducting accident investigations and writing reports
- Sound knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Previous experience conducting and facilitating site inspections
- Previous experience conducting and facilitating project safety audits
- Sound PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Cert IV in Occupational Health and Safety
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Current First Aid qualification (minimum level 2)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of worker’s compensation legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential and great market awareness and contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh then please apply now.