Services Manager - Canberra
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $3.5 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
Our growing Canberra Construction business currently requires the services of an experienced Services Manager
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will ensure the successful management and coordination of building services across a specific large new project in the region and advise on all technical building services aspects of the project. This will include Contracts Administration, Quality Assurance, Relationship management, Client, Consultant and Subcontractor liaison.
As the Services Manager your key activities will include:
- Ensure building services design complies with specifications, Australian Standards, Codes, Regulatory Authorities and Client Requirements.
- Manage, coordinate, plan and execute building services work including commissioning and defect resolution.
- Design reviews and coordination with design and consultant team during tender and design phases of projects.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering; or
- Trade qualification and relevant industry experience
- Previous experience as a services engineer / manager on Commercial, Residential, Health or Education Projects
- Procurement and negotiation experience with services subcontractors
- Commercial / contract management experience
- Understanding of Australian Standards and the Building Code of Australia
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical persons
- Confident, assured and knowledgeable
- Team worker, with a willingness to help others to achieve team objectives
- Resilient and good at rising to a challenge
- Flexible and adaptable to change
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential, great market awareness and you possess the relevant skills and experience then please apply now.