Development Sales Consultant
Hindmarsh is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of our three core services: Construction, development and retirement - where employees are dedicated to achieving optimum results and exceeding client expectations. Our core values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork inform every decision.
The Development Department delivers Hindmarsh’s development projects. Our proven track record includes a portfolio of projects, from boutique urban apartments to award-winning affordable housing developments and exceptional retirement living communities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Development Sales Consultant to join our Development team in Canberra.
This position operates at a state level generating / driving sales across all applicable Hindmarsh development projects in the region.
The position supports the Development Sales Manager with effective establishment and delivery of all development processes across the development life-cycle.
To be successful in this position the successful candidate needs to be proactive, strategic, commercially aware and self-motivated.
Key activities include:
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with new and existing customers, providing excellent customer service always.
- Ensuring that the sales process is managed in a timely, professional and effective manner, generating sales leads and meeting or exceeding agreed sales targets.
- Creating reports and providing status updates on sales progress and other related matters.
- Providing feedback regarding improvements or changes to the existing sales processes.
- Operating display suits and weekend work required
- Supporting the Development Sales Manager to achieve their outcomes.
- Assisting with Hindmarsh Development marketing activations and other relevant activities.
- Maintaining a CRM and stock management system
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certified Sales Qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years’ customer service experience in development or other sales in a busy and hands-on work environment, preferably in real estate.
- Proven track record in the areas of development sales, customer service and relationship management, including residential product knowledge.
- Experience working to and exceeding targets.
- Valid driver’s license and fully insured motor vehicle.
- A proven track record in sales with experience in “selling-off-the-plan”.
- Strong customer focus and responsiveness with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High levels of empathy and the ability to communicate with people of all demographics.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Commercially aware with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Highly developed problem solving and organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Self-motivated, resilient and innovative with proven ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment to achieve shared goals and targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality management and practices.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/ lean support structure.
- Systems oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and Database skills.
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential and great market awareness and contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh then please apply now.