Site Supervisor - Canberra
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
We are currently seeking an experienced Site Supervisor to join our ACT Construction team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Site Manager with the management of the activities of the Sub contractors and construction workers on Hindmarsh Construction sites in the region.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all on site construction activity;
- Manage industrial relations on site;
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Safety Advisor, ensure the project is managed with adherence to SQE policies and compliance with the Hindmarsh Management Systems (Compass) of the company;
- Discuss assigned projects with Management to ensure complete understanding of project requirements;
- Participate in the development of and the management of the project in accordance with the specific Project Management Plan;
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the scope associated with the contract documentation;
- Ensure that site issues. and subcontractors are managed in accordance with the National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry;
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Substantial experience as a Site Supervisor in the construction industry ideally across Residential / Commercial / Aged Care / Education projects
- Trade background preferred;
- Proven record of monitoring, managing and complying with the highest standards of WHS and Quality Assurance processes.
- Well-developed leadership and communications skills, with high commitment to customer service.
- Proven ability in coordinating and managing employees, subcontractors and suppliers, while ensuring their compliance with company and project specifications and procedures.
- You will be self-motivated, resilient and enjoy working in a close team environment.
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company, with high-growth potential and great market awareness, as well as contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh, then please apply now